How can a nutritionist support weight management?
Research tells us that around 80% of weight loss depends on the diet we consume. This is such an essential piece of information for anyone trying to lose weight as it highlights the importance of looking closely at your current dietary habits and making changes that are significant enough to promote weight loss.
However, there are a few big dangers with doing this, and whilst most of us are fairly educated on general health and pretty savvy on health trends, trying to weedle out the truth in the fast paced commercially driven weight loss industry presents itself with numerous consumer problems –
- Simply skipping meals will not work long term
- There is too much conflicting (sales driven) advice out there to make informed decisions on your own
- It is easy to fall in the trap of purchasing too many man made products over real food
- It is easy to form dependence on “products” and find yourself leaping from fad to fad
- The weight loss industry is designed to produce “self-blame” and guilt when a strategy does not work. This serves to real you back in for another yet another try where you can only “fail” again
- Reducing food intake and relying on weight loss products can lead to nutrient deficiencies and a host of further health complications including fatigue, stress, blood sugar dysregulation, gut dysbiosis, digestive issues, sleep disturbances, and hormonal imbalances
- For most “dieters” there is a general lack of time and self-commitment to dedicate toward carefully planning researching, and testing a personally safe nutritionally balanced eating plan
- Goals are unrealistic, unsupported, and unsustainable both short and long term
- There is no future plan in place
By enlisting the support and guidance of a qualified nutritionist the confusion, mystery, wasted time, high cost, poor health, emotional blackmail, anxiety, exhaustion, and all around endless “diet roundabout” can once and for all be over. A nutritionist is trained to do the work for you, ensure your nutrient requirements are met, debunk the fallacies, provide you with realistic short and long term goals, and educate you on grass roots nutrition not the latest money spinning fad.
Why wait any longer?