- 1 cup desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or manuka honey
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut cream (not milk), unsweetened
- 12 almonds (peeled if you like, I used natural unpeeled ones)
- More unsweetened coconut for rolling (about 1/4 cup)
- Combine the first three ingredients in a bowl until a compact dough is formed.
- Let it sit for 15-30 minutes in the fridge. It will firm up a bit (if you’re in a hurry, you can skip this step, it will be a bit trickier to form the dough into balls, but it’s totally doable).
- Divide into 12 parts and form into balls with an almond in the center of each.
- Roll each ball in more coconut.
- Take a moment to pat yourself on the back and feel accomplished.
- Dig in!
- These little guys keep well in the fridge for at least a week (that is, if you can restrain yourself for that long).