Almond Flour Pizza Base
- 1 cup almond meal/almond flour or 4 oz blanched almonds, finely ground
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian herbs
- Sauce, cheese, and toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a large fork, combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Line a pizza pan with a piece of parchment paper. Scrape the dough onto the center of the parchment and form it into a ball using your hands. For a thick crust, spread out the dough using dampened hands. For a thin crust, spray another piece of parchment with olive oil. Place it on top of the ball of dough and use a rolling pin to roll it flat.
- Prick the crust all over with a fork and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with sauce, cheese, and toppings, and bake for about 5-10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Recipe from Stuff I Make My Husband)