A yummy gluten and grain free pasta substitute.
Zucchini is a popular choice for ‘spaghetti’, but other vegetables to try include: carrot, leek, sweet potato, pumpkin, daikon radish – any firm vegetable really.
And you don’t need a spiriliser either (though it does make the veggies look more like the traditional pasta spaghetti) – the old fashioned knife, vegetable peeler, mandolin slicer, or julienne peeler work just as well. We just need veggie strips!
- 3 to 4 zucchini, ends trimmed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small pink radishes, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Spiralise the zucchini
- Toss the cherry tomatoes and radishes with the olive oil, Himalayan salt and pepper. Add the zucchini and lightly toss, then add the lemon zest, parsley, garlic and grated parmesan, and lightly toss until coated. Divide between two pasta bowls, scatter with extra parmesan and serve.
Swap the parmesan for ground cashews or almond pesto to make it vegan-friendly.