This recipe is so quick and easy to make! It’s a fantastic option for a healthy snack – keep them on hand throughout the day instead of reaching for a packet of chips. They also make great nibbles when you have guests over, they are a healthier version of those nasty supermarket prepackaged products.
2 cups cooked chickpeas
2.5 tsp cumin seeds. crushed in mortar and pestle
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp mustard seeds, crushed in mortar and pestle
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
2 tbsp olive oil
Add a pinch of good quality salt (sea salt or pink himalayan salt are great options)
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Spread chickpeas over a clean tea towel, place another towel on top and gently press down to absorb any excess moisture.
3. Place the chickpeas into a bowl, add the olive oil and mix well to coat.
4. Add in all remaining ingredients, toss through well.
5. Spread chickpea mixture evenly on a baking tray and place in the oven. Cook for 30 minutes (stir chickpeas well halfway through).
6. After 30minutes remove from the oven for 5 minutes, before returning them to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
7. Allow to cool before storing in a airtight container or glass jar. They will keep well for 7 days if stored well.