Rice Paper Rolls
A yummy lunch box idea and a much healthier alternative to deep-fried spring rolls.
- 1 cup shredded barbecued chicken
- 1/8 Chinese cabbage (wombok), finely shredded (need ½ cup shredded cabbage)
- 1/2 cup beansprouts, trimmed
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 12 x 22cm rice paper rounds
- Combine chicken, cabbage, beansprouts, capsicum, mint, 1/3 cup coriander, 2 tablespoons lime juice and fish sauce in a large bowl.
- Place 1 rice paper round in a medium bowl of lukewarm water for 15 seconds or until just soft. Place on a clean tea towel or paper towel.
- Arrange 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture along the centre of rice paper round. Fold ends in and roll up firmly to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining rice paper rounds and filling.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce and remaining coriander.
Other filling suggestions:
- Avocado, carrot, sultanas, and lettuce
- Roast beef, mango chutney, snow peas and lettuce
- chicken/beef mince, lettuce and tamari