Kale and Green Bean Salad
- 150g Green Beans, washed and trimmed
- 150g Kale, washed and chopped
- 2 Orange, zest and half the juice of one orange
- 2 tsp Ginger, grated
- 50g Toasted Hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Fresh Black Pepper
1. Heat a pan over a medium to high heat. Add a tablespoon of the olive oil and the ginger.
2. Grate in the orange zest and cook together for a minute or two, or until toasted.
3. Add the green beans and continue frying for 5dd the kale and cook for 2-3minutes.
4. Keep the pan over the heat, continually stirring to ensure even cooking of the greens. When the kale is soft and slightly crispy in parts remove the pan from the heat.
5. Squeeze in the orange juice, add the balsamic, olive oil and season. Toss the salad around the pan to evenly coat in the dressing, then scatter in most of the hazelnuts, reserving a little for garnish.
Recipe is from www.theyeschef.com